Your best days are ahead of you! Do you feel that your options for an allergy-free life are running out?
Whether you need to avoid allergens, take medicines or receive allergy shots- we can help! Our mission at Epic Pharmacy is to provide the highest quality allergy and asthma health care for our community.
Our physicians are committed to creating an atmosphere of open communication, mutual respect and teamwork. We provide one-on-one, personalized care and treatment of your medical needs. Let our family take care of your family, because what we do matters to you!
Diagnosis and Treatment of Allergies
After a comprehensive clinical evaluation, where appropriate, allergy testing may be recommended. We offer both skin and blood testing for foods, environmental, insect stings, and certain drug allergies.
There are three main treatment options including:
- Various over-the-counter and prescription medications
- Desensitization (i.e. allergy shots) or other immunotherapy, a treatment course that helps your immune system learn not to overreact when allergens are present
- Non-medication options, such as avoiding the offending allergens and other lifestyle habit change
Asthma / Chronic Cough
Asthma is a chronic inflammatory lung disease that affects the airways in your lung. During an acute asthma episode, the airway linings are swollen and inflamed. The airways also produce more mucus and the muscles around the airways tighten. All of this leads to narrower airways, which makes it harder to breathe.
Asthma may be triggered by allergies, colds, sinusitis, exercise, strong emotions (laughing/crying), smoke or pollution, and weather changes.
Signs & Symptoms of Asthma
- Cough – For some people, this may be the only symptom of asthma! It may mainly occur at night or after exercise.
- Shortness of breath while walking or at rest
- Wheezing – However, not all people with asthma wheeze!
- Chest tightness
- Fatigue and feeling out of breath
- Inability to complete/talk in full sentences (during a flare)
Treatment of Asthma
Our healthcare team can help diagnose and treat asthma. We understand that patients also want to know what is causing their asthma. We help identify triggers through discussion and testing and coordinate a plan to better minimize exposure to those known triggers. We also educate and discuss treatments, including novel asthma biologic therapies. By working together, we want to keep you breathing easier and engaged in your active life!